On 1 July 2020, GTCC hosted webinar on “Securing high quality skilled labourers though dual vocational projects” for GTCC members, public and private enterprises. GTCC Executive Director Dr. Roland Wein gave welcome remark to the participants and CIM Integrated Expert and GTDEE Project Director Mr. Markus Hoffmann was the moderator of this webinar.
The webinar was aimed at introducing the cooperation and partnership between the German-Thai Chamber of Commerce (GTCC), German-Thai Dual Excellent Education (GTDEE) programme and private and public institutions, companies and colleges in overcoming the challenges and providing qualified technicians to the industry in Thailand.
The key speakers were invited to the webinars listed below.
– Mr. Wichit Tangwongcheunsuk, Training Manager of BMW (Thailand) Co., Ltd.;
– Francis Wichai Srisura, Dual Vocational Education and Training (DVET) Senior Advisor of Don Bosco Technological College Bangkok;
– Dr. Noppadol Piyatrapoomi, Director General of Thailand Professional Qualification Institute (Public Organisation).
The highlights of this discussion included:
– The development of qualified automotive mechatronics technicians in GTDEE programme;
– Apprenticeship programme collaboration between GTDEE, colleges and companies in automotive mechatronics and mechatronics professions;
– Co-certification between German-Thai Chamber of Commerce (GTCC) and Thailand Professional Qualification Institution (TPQI) in the mechatronics profession.