Production technologists work in development fields, in pilot areas and serial production lines, in application and support areas of the manufacturing industry as well as in production-supporting service companies.
Profile of skills and competences
- Put production plants into operation, set them up and prepare for the start of the production run
- Start new processes, conduct series of tests and document them, set up production plants, calculate process parameters and ensure that the plants are ready for pro-duction
- Programme and parameterise production plants, including machine tools, test facilities and industrial robots or other handling systems, and conduct maintenance work
- Organise logistical processes for products, tools, process media and residual materials
- Simulate processes, and produce and test samples and prototypes
- Operate production plants, monitor process sequences, conduct tests in support of processes and produce documentation
- Recognise potential for improvement in process sequences
- Determine and document process and quality deviations, take measures to rectify them and for this purpose, conduct systematic error analyses
- Evaluate and analyse production plants with regard to the realisation of production orders
- Use standard software, production and quality assurance software
- Use norms, specifications and regulations for securing the ability to process of pro-duction plants
- Maintain data on production planning and control, ensure that information is exchanged between the production division and other operational divisions, and coordinate with them.